Friday, August 1, 2008

Weekly Weigh In

Well, I had quite the week. I'm up .4 lbs. However, I'm down over 2% body fat total. I got a little upset at myself this morning on the scale, but I do need to remember that I'm going to have up weeks, and geez its' only .4 not even 1/2 a pound.

I've been craving junk food and more junk food. One of my all time favorites are hot wings. Love them. That's a bad weakness. Any who, as I have really changed my eating, I would crave them like nothing else. It was horrible. I quickly discovered the reason was the potassium in the vinegar, so I started eating spinach, couldn't get enough spinach. I now eat spinach but have added drinking a couple tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. YUM! I have not acquired a taste for the vinegar. Anyway, the craving for hot wings came back this week. It was horrible. I drank more vinegar to curb that craving, it didn't work. So I caved last night and gave in. Boy those were some good wings. The good news is, I can only down maybe 6 small ones if that. YEAH shrinking tummy. Love it!!! I felt so relieved to have the craving gone, I then started craving more fried foods. I've come to the conclusion that not only was I needing potassium but also SALT!! Who would have ever thought, salt. Yes, your body still needs some salt. I don't eat salt very much anymore. Actually, very very little and most things taste to salty to me now a days. It's amazing when you change your eating habits how the "old normal" foods taste so bad. It actually goes to show you how bad I was eating. Not that you couldn't tell by how HUGE I was.

I do have good news, I was stretching one day after the shower, and I could see the outline of my ribs. I was beginning to think, I didn't have ribs anymore, I haven't seen the outline or any resembless there of in ummmm at least 10 years. YEAH!!!!! It's things like this, that keep me motivated. That and at my heavest, I wore a size 22-24 (yuck, I can't believe, I ever let myself get that big, GROSS) and I'm now into a 14. Hey, that's progress. It's taken a while but the eating is the most important aspect, sorry for those of you who want an easy fix, there is no such thing. Trust me, I tried and tried.

So all in all, I'm not to terribly dissapointed, I'll just work harder next week to drop the .4 plus 2-3 lbs.

Here's to a good next week.

Oh yes, school starts for Rusty in less then 10 days. YEAH!!! I'm looking forward to some girl time w/my Kennedy and of course, bonding time over homework w/Rusty. I love to see him come home with new things he's learned. He gets so excited or he tries to teach me. Which of course, the latter happens quite a bit. Things I've forgotten.

1 comments:

Sarah M Eden said...

Good goin' Marie. 2% body fat reduction is awesome! And I wouldn't sweat the teeny, tiny gain in straight pounds. You're weight can fluctuate that much from nothing more than water retention. As long as you're working at it and feeling good, (and losing body fat - hello!!!), you should be proud of yourself.
Way to go!