Monday, August 11, 2008

Rusty's 1st day of 3rd grade


I can't believe it, he's in 3rd grade. WOW!!!! He was so excited to go back to school this morning, he was up earlier than I was. I wasn't quite ready for the morning at 6:15. I know that's not as early as most but early enough for me right now. I need to get back in the swing of things w/a 6am wake up for me, that allows me reading and prayer time while the house is still quiet. We are so blessed to have Daddy, a worthy priesthood holder in our home, who gave Rusty a father's blessing. Orville has done this every year before the 1st day of school. Rusty looks forward to this blessing, to hear what Heavenly Father has to say. Of course, Kennedy wanted a blessing and I couldn't be left out. What a great feeling to know that I can call on my hubby anytime and the kids can ask their daddy anytime for any reason. Rusty still wanted us to take him up to his class room, which I was glad for.
I was scared that he hit the



"MOM, you're embarrassing me" Fortunately, not this year. I didn't take pictures at school, he gave me that look. So i restrained myself. Rusty is growning up so well. He loves to go to church, & help others. He stands up at takes responsibility (most of the time) for when he has done wrong. Ask him anytime for help w/water barrels, food storage, yard work or even his sister, he'll jump right in. I am one proud Mom and couldn't ask for a better son or daughter. We are incredibly blessed when the Lord sent us these 2 kids.

2 comments:

Julia Morrill said...

Hi Wright family,
It's hard to believe Rusty's in 3rd grade. That's GREAT! Thanks so much for the blog and including pics. I love to see it...
Miss you all,
Julia

Mama J said...

You have got to be KIDDING ME!!! He was jus this little sunbeam yesterday, I had no idea he was already that old! AHHH!!! Tell him i said congrats on being a big third grader and i think he is very handsome! :)