Saturday, August 30, 2008

I'm a proud Mama


I can finally post about my amazing Rusty. He has been so good. Last week, I woke up and could barely move my neck. I of course, call the Dr. Cathcart to come get a adjusted. This is the 1st time, I balled trying to lay down and then to get adjusted. I came home put ice on my neck. In the mean time Orville had to go to work, he's been so busy. I took 2 Advil's & Rust played nurse, helper, babysitter, etc... He was amazing. He made sure I did my ice just like the Dr ordered. He was so sweet and fabulous in taking care of me. He helped wrangle lunch together for him & Kennedy. At one point, Kennedy went to take a nap and Rusty & I got to spend some alone time. It ended up being a good day, even though I was in pain. Rusty has really made some huge improvements this year. He so much nicer and kind. He is really trying in school and isn't talking as much. We've been going to the dermatologist to get some warts removed. It's quite painful as they are freezing them off and using blistering agent. This past Thursday was his 2nd treatment and he got brave and had some of the warts frozen off on his hand. This go around, he's got more blisters, they are dark and really gross looking. I sent him to school on Friday and I picked him up w/his hands wrapped in gauze. Some kids were scared because they looked so gross. His hands didn't look that bad Friday morning. I felt so bad, we immediately went to the store to get "sticky ace bandages" so we could reuse them and he wouldn't have to be embarrassed anymore. My poor Rusty was so sad. Today, Rusty & I get to go spend the afternoon together, we haven't spent alone time out of the house in so long. Orville has to work, but he is taking Kennedy with him, fortunately, it's only home stuff and then off to the Bishop's house to return their computer. I have a Baptism this morning, & Rusty has to go help a friend clean out the garage as he has to be responsible for some minor trouble he got into a few weeks back. After I get home, off to lunch Rusty & go, anywhere he wants. Then we are going shopping, he finally had a growth spurt and is in need of all new shirts for school and play. Soccer starts this week, I'm so excited, I get to be the head coach again. I love coaching the boys soccer. I get to be w/Rusty and get to learn a new sport. Rusty & I went to Blockbuster last night, we came home & I just looked over at him and started to get teary eyed. What an amazing kid I have. I love my Rusty so much. As he grows up, I am so proud of him. He's really trying to make the right decisions. He talks about wanting to be a great missionary when he grows up and he even talks about how he can be a missionary now and his good behavior will show kids his age, how you can have Christ in your life and still have fun. I love you so much Rusty. You are so good and turning one of my yucky days into a good one, by loving me and making me laugh. The Lord blessed us beyond belief when he sent you to us and then blessed us even more when he sent Kennedy. The love you have for your sister is amazing. Your heart growing bigger and bigger and you are such an example to me of pure Christ like love. You love everybody and want everything for everybody. WE LOVE YOU RUSTY!!!

1 comments:

Mama J said...

He is so cute! He was always my favorite in Sunbeams! ;) It breaks my heart how mean kids can be somethimes though, it makes me want to be with Pay all the time! Little JERKS! I dont think his warts are grose! I'm on my way to phoenix to beat up some kids! Youre lucky to have such a sweet lil. boy