Thursday, October 23, 2008

Example shmample

Boy howdy, teaching by example! So true so true especially when you least expect it. Today Kennedy & I were on the couch snuggling when all of a sudden she starts doing sit-ups. Counting and all. She did 10 full sit ups, then several crunches after that. She even then pulled me on the floor to "teach" me how to do sit-ups, not the crunches but the full sit-ups and had me do 10.
Rusty, came home today so excited about running a mile. They have this goal at school that if you run so many miles you'll get a card and once you get 3 cards, your name will be entered into a drawing for an I-Pod. Mind you each card is 10 miles, so that means he has to run 30 miles to even be entered into the drawing. He can run up to 10 cards (don't ask, the math doesn't equate, this is coming from an 8yr old). Anyway, he is now excited. He even has another kid "training" him to be faster so he can get all 10 cards done by before the drawing. He even asked me to run with him. I'm so not a runner. I can do spin, I can do the elliptical trainer, lift weights, but run? Must be kidding, but of course, I'll run w/my Rusty. Anything to encourage him and keep him motivated. Heck, it'll be another excuse to exercise which is become a HUGE love of mine. Plus, I get to spend one on one time w/Rusty which is the best reward EVER!!! We don't get much one on one time since he's in school. Glad to see he has found something he's starting to love.

1 comments:

Sarah M Eden said...

Love it! Katherine is my Pilates buddy. My sister in law works at a Pilates studio and I am helping them "guinea pig" a training video. As part of the SWEET deal, I am doing a blog for their studio that they have the other Pilates students read and commiserate. So Katherine often gives me pointers to improve my Pilates. check it out: pilatification.blogspot.com (But start with day one. You'll appreciate the "new to exercise" persepective).