Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Hard Blessings

Wow, we seem to be having quite a few hard blessings right now (but who isn't right?). I'm grateful for these hard blessings, grateful that I learned from an amazing family that trials are hard blessings & don't have to be so negative. Looking up these future blessings makes them easier to endure that's for sure even though they are still hard, however, I know without a shadow of a doubt that the Lord knows us better than we know ourselves.

I'm grateful for the Gospel and my relationship with my Father in Heaven. How do people survive in the world without that relationship? That astounds me. I'm grateful for my husband who works hard to be a worthy priesthood holder, that I can call upon him morning, noon or night to receive a blessing. I'm very blessed in my life & sometimes I need to remember that, I need to remember that more often.

We've had several funerals in the last year (I think 10) each one, I walk away with something new. This last one was from another amazing lady who lived just shy of 99 yrs. Her family talked about her testimony & that they always knew she had a strong love for the Gospel & for our Heavenly Father & Jesus Christ. She made a point to write it down, so that the kids, grand kids, etc... will always have that to read. She also made a point to serve other but more importantly her family. I love my family more than anything & if these hard blessings have taught me anything it is that this is the time to really teach my kids old school stuff clothes line, washing dishes by hand, etc...). There will come a day when we won't have the luxuries we have now & this is the time to teach them not later. So going "green", saving money & teaching my kids how to work more with that hands all go hand in hand.

I love my calling, it has allowed me to step out of my comfort zone quite a bit & I've learned to like it, which for me usually means, it's coming to an end :(. I have grown to love Dee Cherry & Judy Mckinstry as 2nd moms. I have tons of respect for them & their wisdom. They've been gone traveling quite a bit this year (they both have lost their moms this year), as stressful as that was I was able to step up and really serve the sisters in a way that I haven't before & guess what? I LOVED IT!!!


My kids well, they are getting antsy, school starts in a little less than a month & they can't wait. Rusty has made a new friend in the ward, Ethan Stein & they get a lot great. I'm so glad that he has made a friend in the ward that has so much in common. He's had some struggles this kids this year, it's been quite sad. He's a good kid but I need to remember that he needs to learn to make his own friends & that he doesn't have to be friends with everyone.

Kennedy well she getting bored this summer & really really really can't wait for school. She lost her 1st tooth over the weekend. Her tooth was so small, she actually swallowed & didn't know it. She was so worried that the tooth fairy wouldn't come but our tooth fairy ROCKS!! She left a note along with $$$.


1 comments:

Katie and Howard said...

Thanks for your testimony of hard blessings. Its always great to hear a reminder of the blessings to come after the trial.