Monday, April 20, 2009

Stake Conference

Wow, what a Stake Conference. I was sure looking forward to this one. President Frank Forsberg has been serving (wonderfully, I might add) as our Stake President for the last 10 years. What an era. Orville & I got married & he was shortly called. We've had 2 kids under his stewardship. We love this stake! His councilors President Miller & Turley are fabulous as well. What men of God they are! There is no mistaking their testimonies.

I had no idea who the new Presidency was going to be, there is always speculation, which I'm way off on. They called Bishop Keith Forsberg, yes, I said Bishop. He is our current Bishop. 1st counselor is Bishop Todd Westover (previous Bishop before Keith) and then Bishop Dennis Cathcart (previous Bishop to LaPradera Park Ward). I know all these of these men personally. Love them all! This is a perfect fit. I'm so excited to be under there stewardship. I'm more excited that my kids will be under their stewardship. All 3 of these men are so youth oriented that my kids will be blessed greatly because of their love for the Gospel. All 3 are so vibrant and fun. I got to see the Lord's work 1st hand, these men of God took upon them the Glendale Stake's mantel. I've never really seen this before. Bishop/President Forsberg made a comment, "..If this is the Lord's will...well let's get to work" PERFECT!! I saw him before, during & after. What a difference in him or all 3 I should say. I saw them all grow up a little bit more. I got to see what is looks like for men of God to take on the mantel. WOW!!! For me, I was imaging what it would be like to hear the Prophet Joseph Smith speak when President Forsberg got up. I see these men as General Authorities.

THE SPIRIT WAS SO STRONG!

WOW, what amazing parents they had to teach them the Gospel. I can only hope & pray that I can teach my kids 1/2 as well. I want to raise valiant servants. I am married to a valiant servant. I never had the Priesthood in my home and I do now. I am soooooo blessed, words can't even describe. Rusty has such desires to grow up and be like President Forsberg, I'm truly blessed that he has such fabulous role models

As I am so excited to be apart of this, there is also sadness that comes with it. As I have to say goodbye to a Bishop. I've gotten to know him as part of my calling in the Relief Society. I've received council from him regarding my own life, my family, my kids, my callings. I will miss that interaction with him on a weekly basis.

I do know that his new calling is exactly where he needs to be. President Forsberg & his councilors will do amazing things for this Stake. I admire him as I do his councilors. I have a ton of respect for these gentlemen. I look forward to serving the Lord under them.

Along with this our ward now needs a new Bishop & Bishopric. Our Stake also needs a new Stake Young Men's Presidency. Things are a changing in this Stake once again, but that is the way the Lord needs it to be at this time. This change will be great.

0 comments: